Re: migrating from http to https...

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 06:06:18AM +0530, ganu wrote:
> Hi all ,
>
> I have a problem , when I am migrating my data from http://www.abc.com
> <http://www.abc.com/> to https://www.abc.com <https://www.abc.com/> for
> secure login purpose. I will loose all my data which I store in my session.

How do you mean by migrate?

If you are using the default setup for sessions (of course pending
how you installed), going from unsecure to secure shouldn't be a
problem, assuming this is all on the same machine.

> if suppose I am able to do it from http to https then from https to http
> I am getting the problem.

moving from https to http can be a different storry, if the php.ini
setting for session.cookie_secure is set, then cookies* with the
https wont be accpeted when going to http.

* assuming that you are using php.ini: session.use_cookies.

Curt.
--
cat .signature: No such file or directory