Re: when to enter submitted in mysql?

I track my sessions in the MySQL database in the session table. There is a field, ExpireTime, so the table is self purging.

For the pages, I place them into a table, tmp_data, that has a sessionID field and ExpireTime. When all pages are completed, the data is inserted into the data table.

If the user has cookies turned off, s/he cannot pickup where s/he left off since the sessionID was not stored. Other than that it works well where my client is processing many thousands of Class Action lawsuit claims.

Actually, I use Interbase (Firebird) for this type of application.

Todd

afan@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi to all!
I have form made on 4 pages (by groups of questions). Right now my code works this way: once somebody submit the first page of the form his/her submitted info is entered in database with status=temp. I store the ID (insert_id()) in session and then every time visitor submit the next page I do update of the current record using ID. But, I heard once that "the best" solution is store all entered info in session (array) and insert all info at once.
Or, instead in sessions, move submitted info with serialized array.

Opinions?

Thanks for help.

-afan