Re: Code generators

Danny wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> There´s a lot of manufacturers, about PHP code generators. What do you
> think about that?
>
> I mean, it seems like PHP Nuke fashion or other portal systems. Everybody
> has its portal, but all web pages seems to be the same, because all are
> under the same design.
>
> I would like to gather opinions about it.
>
> Example: http://www.yessoftware.com/index2.php
>
> Thank you
>
> P.S. Please sorry my poor english, I´m trying to improve my skills
> --
> dpc

Funny.
This is getting more and more popular, in many different levels.
I've seen RAD pop up here and there on PHP....(I'm planning/developing one
since 2003).
Now, i'm not sure, but maybe this is getting a lot of atention, these days,
because ruby on rails way of doing things....
Or simply, people are tired of doing the same old things the same old way.
(Ok, we are tired for a long time, but seems that only now, tools like that
are having attention).

I think that what ever can do the boring work for you the exacly same way
(maybe, better) that you would, is welcome.

I'm having a look right now in that app (from yessoftware).
Seems interesting. Too bad is commercial/for-windows product :(

Thiago