Re: mysqli unclonable object

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 06:48:50PM -0500, Matt Monaco wrote:
> Thanks for your attention Curt, but unfortunatly that is not the issue.
> Compatibility mode is not on.

What does this say just before you do $link = new ...:

  var_dump(ini_get('zend.ze1_compatibility_mode'));

If it says string(1) "0", then either your using php4 or some buggy
version of php5.

> For documentation's sake, I think the problem is that there are other links
> in the code using the same credentials.  When you declare a link resource to
> a database, PHP first searches to see if there is already one open,
> therefore despite the fact that this link wasn't even using the same library
> (mysql vs mysqli) it didn't matter; only one connection to the database
> could be made (as root in this case).
>
> If this is incorrect or anyone has additional insight, please reply.

Only the old mysql extension has any sort of credential checking
and if they are the same, returns the same connection (which can be
bypassed with an option to mysql_connect().  mysqli has no such
credential checking.

Curt.
--
cat .signature: No such file or directory