Re: using ($test)?$true:$false in a string

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 10:43, Jochem Maas wrote:
> Richard Heyes wrote:
> > Robert Cummings wrote:

> >> But efficiency isn't ;)
>
> yes it is actually - everything is in the eye of the beholder.
> it just so happens that we often have consensus ;-)

*lol* I was hoping nobody would call me on that ;)

> with regard to the bulldozer metaphor - true that using sprintf() is
> such a simple case may be excessive BUT I was merely introducing the OP to
> something new (possibly) - anyone asking such 'simple' questions is
> not at a stage that this kind of efficiency is an issue (i.e. give
> them 'whats possible' before telling them 'whats best')
>
> the sprintf() example leaves lots of room for creativity and
> code reuse (even by relative newcomers) or aleast the possiblity of
> writing more managable code.... Chris Boget liked it anyway :-)

True, coming from a C background I can attest to my love for the *printf
series of functions. In fact, 6 years ago I might have actually liked
Java more if they had bothered to add it (I've heard it's been added
since).

> PS - Robert Cummings, I totally agree with your general comments on
> internals@ regarding migration/irritation/etc btw. and if I didn't
> spend so much time on 'fixing' my working code I might have had time
> to take a proper look at your InterJinn project - more's the pity
> that I haven't been able to so far :-/

*lol* Might be good till I clean the docs up. Also I've been adding a
flurry of stuff lately to support better inclusion of external resources
like JavaScript. I want clean including of javascript modules within
templates and modules such that requesting the resource never includes
it twice and so that I have the same replaceable modularity that exists
in InterJinn. Also I want to have dependencies managed internally rather
than having to think about it myself. I guess I'm making a mini
JavaScript InterJinn lib *lol*. This will tie in nicely with my work to
bring in almost transparent XmlHttpRequest functionality.

Cheers,
Rob.