new to sessions, but learning

hello,
I am writing basically what is hopefully going to turn out eventually to be a penpal website. There are millions out there i know but some are tooooooooo slow and only load half the page whenever it feels like it + has a bazillion ads and well, other things..so I decided to write my own. What I am wanting to know, is it possible to do the signup thing in two parts using sessions. I basically have the signup info first, then so the user doesn't have to come back later, they can fill out their profile right then and there, on the next page. I'm thinking about saving the signup info and then when the user clicks continue, it would have their info. I know session vars work between two pages but will sessions work across 3 and 4 pages or not?
thanks
matt