Re: Shared Memory Problem

Hi!

I found the solution to my prob. SELinux was enabled in the server
which needs disabling. After disabling SELinux it was working great.
Thanks for your help guys.

Another small query though, is there anyway to enable SELinux and as
well use shared memory between PHP and C++? I know using Zend engine
would solve the prob, but we need to buy zend which is very costly for
me, any other solution is welcome.

Regards,
Yaswanth

On 11/16/05, Curt Zirzow <czirzow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 03:33:22AM +0530, Yaswanth Narvaneni wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have a server written in C++ and my webpages are in PHP. The PHP has
> > to communicate with the server using shared memory. This was working
> > fine on the server running FC-1 with php-4.3.8. We recently migrated
> > to CentOS 4.1 (Equivalent to RHEL 4.1) running php-4.3.9. The error it
> > displays is as follows:
> >
> > shmop_open(): unable to attach or create shared memory segment in
> > /var/www/html/sharedmem.php on line 2
> >
> > The server opens the shm in 666 (originally was 644) even then it was
> > not working. I can see the shared mem open using 'ipcs' command.

> > $shm_id = shmop_open($shm_key, "a",0,0) or die("FATAL ERROR:: Unable
> > to Access Shared Memory");
>
> You might want to try to open it within the same mode that the
> server created it in:
>
> 1)
>   $shm_id = shmop_open($shm_key, "a",0666,0);
>
> 2)
>   are you 100% sure the key is valid? the error message you are
>   getting seems to point in this direction since the shmop_open is
>   failing on the C call to shmget(), wich usually fails when either
>   you dont have enough memory to create it (which you arn't doing),
>   some other creation problems, or that the key supplied wasn't
>   found.
>

> Curt.
> --
>
> --

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is." -- Fortune Cookie