Re: Re: security code

On Thu, November 10, 2005 10:45 am, Gustavo Narea wrote:
> CAPTCHA tests are indispensables. The problem comes when you *only*
> use
> visual tests (such as "visual turing numbers").
>
> If you need CAPTCHA tests, you may use them both visuals and audibles.
> This is a good example: https://www.e-gold.com/acct/login.html

So the user who is both blind AND deaf?

Or the blind user who is at a library computer with no audio output?

I saw some research where out of four people with "normal" hearing,
all four were unable to distinguish the crappy audio output into the
correct word and use a site.

Granted, a very small sample, and the audio from the test site may
well have been at the low end of the spectrum for quality.  But it was
a real site, and these were just regular people roped in for a test of
the audio's usefulness.

As "cool" as CAPTCHA seems at first, I don't think it's going to be a
long-term solution.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm