Re: Re: security code

Hello.

CAPTCHA tests are indispensables. The problem comes when you *only* use visual tests (such as "visual turing numbers").

If you need CAPTCHA tests, you may use them both visuals and audibles. This is a good example: https://www.e-gold.com/acct/login.html

Regards.

Jochem Maas wrote:
<rant mode="troll" sarcasm="true" anger="+3" replies="duck">

this email contains swearing so that the sensitive amongst you will be
spared what I have to say (assuming you have a stupid 'Im a sensitive person,
don't expose me to bad language' mail filter)

Gustavo Narea wrote:

Hello, Clive.

Depending on the target of your website, you shall need to keep in mind the (in)accessibility of this kind of tests: http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-turingtest-20031105/

right and almost 3 people on the planet care in practice.
besides the chances are the blind person in question will not be able to
navigate through your sea of nested tables. (have you ever heard
a screen reader walking thru 5 level of tabel nesting so that you can
be told of the lovely logo image that the nested tables are apparently
positioning ... fantastic

oh any then there is the problem of inaccesibility of mailboxes
(because it's full, overloaded, etc) because every spammer and his dog can write
an automated mailing script that uses your webform if you don't stick some
sort of CAPTCHA in there...

the most inaccessible on the web currently is the 'look how clever we are' language and document structures used through out the W3C site - bloody impenetrable.
pot calling the kettle black.... so what if every user agent under the sun
can 'read' the W3C site - *I* can't read it, fat chance my browser will be able
to explain it to me.

given that 9 out of 10 government buildings worldwide are not even accessible by wheelchair users (I didn't do the research but I'm willing to put some money on it)
worrying about inaccessible webforms is maybe a little premature.

-------------

and given that we, in the west (at the least - I don't believe asians, arabs, whatever are any nicer) are a bunch of body facist hate mongerers - your television and billboards are telling you that if you have a disability (that includes being ugly) then you
should be figuring out how to get the f*** off our Calvin Klein planet

or put another way - is there a good reason why the web should be any less
discriminating than the rest of society.
<rant>

By the way, AFAIK they are also known as "turing numbers".

Regards.

Clive wrote:

Hi
does any one have a class/function to generate those security code images.

Yhe ones that you see on website that you must enter to submit a form

thanks

clive

--
Gustavo Narea.
PHP Documentation - Spanish Translation Team.