Re: php mac folder

Find the "terminal" program and open it up.

It will be kind of like an MS-DOS prompt, only it's more like
FreeBSD/OpenBSD which is like Linux/Unix...

At any rate, you'll need these to get started:

cd (same as MS-DOS)
ls (dir on MS-DOS)
.. (same as MS-DOS)
/  (directory separator, sort of like newer MS-DOS)

I'd start off with:

cd /
ls

personally, so see what's at the very root of your hard drive system
(sort of like C:, only not)

On Sat, November 5, 2005 1:37 pm, Ross wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a setup question for php for mac.
>
> I have shared my windows folder 'wwwroot' across the network but when
> preview my .php file it connot find it because the specified php
> folder on
> the mac is http://127.0.0.1/~myname/Sites
>
> I suppose I have to change the php.ini to include the networked folder
> as a
> php location but i cannot  find it.
>
> I am not so sure of the file system with mac (just got it) and cannot
> find
> this folder/usr/local/php5. I can find 'User' and 'myname'
> folders.Does Mac
> have a show hidden system folders function like windows??
>
> Any help with how I can run php files on  the networked folder  or
> about the
> mac folder system will be a great help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ross