Re: Re: Attachments and SendMail()

On Tue, November 8, 2005 4:00 pm, Todd Cary wrote:
> I figured it out!  The base location for SendMail is the php
> directory.
>   Now that I think about it, that makes sense.

Personally, I would recommend finding out what the absolute path is
anyway.

You'll need it sooner or later.

Unfortunately, on SOME webhosts, this is well-nigh impossible.

They've got some funky-[bleep] system going on that alters "/" for
your PHP scripts, but only in some of the functions...

I assume that's what "chroot" means...

Anyway, it's a real PITA.

Using http://php.net/phpinfo and intentionally creating an error in a
PHP script (so PHP tells you what file you are in) will generally lead
you to the Truth.

Note to hosts:

If you're going to do that to the customer, you'd damn well better do
it right and make it consistent, and you'd better provide them with
the correct full path to their home directory.

Otherwise, you'll have angry frustrated clients/developers, and people
doing really stupid things like putting non-public resources in their
web-tree just so they can FIND the damn thing themselves.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm