Re: php5 / php4 - MySQL/SQLite

Danny wrote:
Hi,
 Let me open a discussion about php5 / php4
 Why upgrade? It worth? Benefits? Code programming changes?
 Is there and end-of-life for php4, in the near/medium future?
 What about MySQL and SQLite. What is the future of both? I would like to
open a discussion about the future of both related to php no matter the
version of it...
Let´s start
--
dpc

Why don't you use Windows 3.1? It's mostly good idea to install new version of software when it's available. Bug fixes, improvements, new ideas. It's the same with PHP. Why to annoy with php4 if there's new, stable, working, better php5 (php5.1!)? I would use PHP5 just for "file_put_contents" function :). There is no reason to stay with PHP4 so why to talk about it? Yes, we can discuss if it's worth to move to java or .net or ruby or python, it could be interesting discussion, but I think it's waste of time to discuss php4/5 differences.

Similar problem is with your second question. What can I say about future of MySQL and SQLite related to php? Both could be used with php and you should select which one to use according to your needs. There are other databases too...

Again - I don't know what are you expecting from these two questions. They cannot be discussed at all.

Petr