Re: mail return-path problem

On Tue, November 8, 2005 9:47 am, Eric Butera wrote:
> I was just curious if there was a way to set the return path of an
> email
> dynamically. I've looked around and all I could find was a Zend
> tutorial
> running sendmail from the command line, which I don't want to do. :)
>
> I tried setting "Return-Path:" in the mail() headers, but that didn't
> seem
> to make a difference. If anybody knows anything about this and could
> point
> me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Works for me...

$from = 'digital.tarsier@xxxxxxxxx';
$headers = "From: $from\r\n";
$headers .= "Reply-to: $from\r\n";
$headers .= "Return-Path: $from\r\n";
mail($from, 'Test', "This is a test.\r\n", $headers);

Note however, that your configuration of sendmail (or whatever is in
php.ini) could probably be configured to not accept a Return-Path
header...

CAN you run sendmail from the command line, as the PHP User, and get

If not, then PHP can't do it either.

That may have been the whole purpose of the tutorial...

Or, perhaps, the point was that for a static Return-Path: you could
set it in php.ini just as you would from the command line.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm