Re: Fixing ID's in mySQL Table

Ave,

This is what I need to do.
Let's say, my ID's in a table look like this:

1
7
9
11
12
19
26
27
29
30

I need to alter the table so that the ID's are in a sequence like this:

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10

It's easy to manually do this if you have a table with 10 records, but you
can't do it manually in a table with 5000 records.

I know that I can DELETE the ID Column and recreate it and that will Fix
this problem, but doing that over and over with all the tables isn't what
I'm really looking for. I just feel there should be a way in PHP to execute
a logical query to do this. If not of course I can do the delete/recreate
using phpmyadmin, but I just want to see if there's a php script way to do
it.

Thanks.