Re: Template style question

Smarty sucks. Mixing presentation and logic is never good idea. I know Smarty is very popular, but big popularity doesn't always mean quality.

Back to original question: If you decided to reinvent the wheel, please don't reinvent square wheel without tire.

Mixing presentation and logic is bad. You should have no sqls, loops, ifs or any other logic things in templates. Templates should be editable by any stupid guy, anyone who knows just css/html. No sql, no php, no other language.

Back to original idea to parse table. Do not copy bad ideas from other templating engines. Again - reinvent a better wheel or use some from 1000s of existing libraries. Download some existing libraries, think about good and bad things, make it better, make it different! Otherwise we will end with 1000+1 stupid, same, useless templating libraries.

Petr

James Benson wrote:
Give smarty a try rather than re-inventing the wheel

http://smarty.php.net