Re: protect password?

I'm not sure if there's a way around this, though there's a few simple precautions you can take. You can put a function that returns the resource in an include file outside of the public html folders, which helps a little bit. It's also always good to give the least permission possible and to only allow connections from localhost.

Now I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but someone will probably come along shortly and offer something more in line.

Ben