Re: SSL & normal sessions stored differently?

Jesse Guardiani <jesse <at> wingnet.net> writes:

> James Benson <jb <at> jamesbenson.co.uk> writes:
>

> > Could it be you have two differnt domain names, PHP could be using a
> > different cookie/session for each one.
>
> Yeah, but I'm setting the session_id manually. I've checked my session
> storage path and only one file is created with that session id. Wouldn't
> force feeding PHP the session id override any domain problems anyway?
>
> I think the problem is that I have session.auto_start turned on. I can't
> turn it off for fear of breaking a production site.
>
> Is there any way to feed PHP a session id with auto_start ON?

Here's a solution I found: I'm just passing the session_id via GET
to the secure site, then doing this on the index page:

session_write_close();
if (isset($_GET['PHPSESSID'])) {
   session_id($_GET['PHPSESSID']);
}
session_start();

I had tried that yesterday, but it didn't work. The trick in this case
(since auto_start is ON) is to call 'session_write_close();' before
setting the session_id. Nothing magic about it after all.  :)

Thanks for the help!

--
Jesse Guardiani
jesse@xxxxxxxxxxx