Re: Re: Richard Lynch's Email Address ...

dear all,
does PHP really needs a function to validate an email address!! i
doubt. because PHP is a language which provides number of string
functions with regex capabilities to develop what ever pattern
matching you want.

second point is, different organizations have different policies on
validating email addresses, so again those developers have to mend
their own mechanisms. so everybody will not benefit this effort.

third point is, if we add another function to PHP which, bit off from
the scope of a programming language someone else will request for some
other function to validate a time format, time zone or family
name(last name)!!, it will be a real mess!!

just my two cents! if i have misinterpreted something please clear me.

thanks.

~viraj