Re: Re: Re: PHP and MSSQL on Linux

Quoting php@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

Yup, I thought that was the problem too but when I added my server to
the conf file, there was no change.  When you set up your MSSQL
connection in fedora, did you install anything else other than MSSQL
and PHP-MSSQL?  Or did you have to set anything in your php.ini file to
use the new extension?

Well, I didn't have the rpms; I compiled from source. I don't have that box available anymore, but I've checked my notes. First, I compiled freetds (nothing special in the configure line), then I compiled php using "--with-mssql=/usr" (to point to the freetds libraries). All of this should have been handled within the rpms, though, and if phpinfo is showing the mssql extension loaded, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working. I don't remember modifying php.ini at all for the mssql stuff.

Hopefully over the next couple of days I'll have some time to set up a test box and try the rpms to which you pointed me, to see if I run into the same trouble.

Rick