Re: Re: PHP and MSSQL on Linux

Quoting php@xxxxxxxxxxxx:

I get no output from mssql_get_last_message().  When I use the pear DB
class, and use $db->getMessage(), I get "connect failed", very useful
like  usual with getMessage().  Even doing a print_r of the object
reveals nothing.  I'm pretty sure that PHP is not even trying to
connect to the database as I have seen no traffic going to the server
when connecting via PHP.

Strange...oh, there's one other thing to check. I think I ran into something similar on a couple of servers. Turns out that some needed an entry for the server in /etc/freetds.conf. I can't remember whether the Fedora install needed it, but might be something to check.

As for the RPMs, they can be found at
http://phprpms.sourceforge.net/mssql.  This is the site where I had
found the rpms to successfully connect via FC1.

Great, thanks!

hth,
Rick