Re: Simple CopyOf XSLT translation

Last I checked XHTML *is* HTML only with my stricter rules applied. most
notably the XML rules.
"XHTML is a stricter and cleaner version of HTML." -- W3C XHTML tutorial.
(http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/default.asp)

As for using PHP to transform the XSL. I've been doing this with a lot of
success for around a year.
All my php scripts do anymore is generate the XML needed to be stylized by the
XSL. which of course is done prior to being echo'd

I found this site to be very useful while learning XSL.
http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_w3celementref.asp

Keep in mind tho a lot of the XPath functions are still not implemented in
PHP. you will have to implement these in PHP and then tell PHP's XSL
transformer to use PHP functions.