Re: Simple CopyOf XSLT translation

Quoting Andy Pieters <mailings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi list

I made an entire site in xhtml for a client but now complaints are comming
from the m$ explorer front.  Broken layouts, long loading times etc.

Would it be possible for php to do the xslt translation?

All that is currently in my xslt is

<stylesheet>
<template match="/">
<copy-of select="." />
</template>
</stylesheet>

And serve those pages as html 4.01 instead of xhtml on internet explorer?

With kind regards

Andy

Hello Andy,

If you are using PHP 5, look at the XSL module, otherwise you'll have to use
XSLT and Sablotron. Check out the manual http://www.php.net/manual/en/ for more information on these. I suggest using Tidy if possible to convert from XHTML to
HTML 4.0.1, this is the easiest way to convert/clean markup without having to
do all the hard work yourself.

It seems to me that with your very small xslt file, you could skip using xslt in general? Or maybe you did it that way to pave way for future additions with more
advanced XSLT function usage?

Regards,
Torgny