Re: OCI8

On Fri, October 28, 2005 10:19 am, Kilbride, James wrote:
> I'm running php5.0.5 and I'm trying to get connected to an oracle
> server. Pear's DB requires the PHP OCI8 extension. The php website
> doesn't give 'installation' instructions for getting php_oci8.dll
> which
> seems to be required in order to connect to an Oracle server. I've got
> the oracle instant client downloaded and I have oracle client 8.1
> installed already. I just can't seem to figure out how to get php to
> recognize oracle. Can anybody help out with this?

php_oci8.dll is the "extension" of PHP which connects PHP and the
Oracle instant client you already downloaded.  Or, possibly, has that
client already embedded within it, and with PHP wrappers around it.

That doesn't tell you where it is, but at least you know WHAT it is
that you are missing.

If it's not in the php.zip file you downloaded, you can google for
"php_oci8.dll" and maybe come up with a trusted source, and check for
more downloads in http://php.net/ to see if maybe it's packaged
separately.

Hope that helps at least a little.

--