Re: Type of form element

If you have a checkbox you just test if the value is set with isset()
if it's not set they never selected the checkbox.

Or if thats not what you mean maybe this could help
http://php.net/variables.external

Shaun wrote:
Hi,

I have some checkboxes on my page which correspond with boolean fields in my database - actually they are TINYINT's in which I store a 0 or 1 in for false and true values respectively.

Is it possible to loop through all $_POST values to see if it is a checkbox? If so then for that element if it is equal to 'on' then change it to 1 otherwise change it to 0?

Thanks for your advice.