Re: Mixed PHP/SSI and environment variables

Christoph Freundl wrote:
Am Freitag, 28. Oktober 2005 13:42 schrieb Jochem Maas:

ok, and if you stick the following in 1 file and call it?:

<!--#set var="myvar" value="myval" -->
<?php echo apache_getenv( "myvar" ); ?>

... just thinking out loud here.

I just looked at apache_getenv():

string apache_getenv ( string variable [, bool walk_to_top] )

the second arg maybe something to consider?
also does getenv() [http://php.net/getenv] have the same problems?

Ok, I tried this by configuring Apache such that .php-files are also parsed for Server Side Includes and wrote it the way you suggest. Now I am really confused: the SSI statements are obviously recognized because they do not appear in the resulting file but
a) apache_getenv does still not return the value for the variable but
b) if I call phpinfo() instead of apache_getenv the variable "myvar" plus the set value is shown correctly in the "Apache Environment" and
c) an SSI "<!--#echo var="myvar" --> after the php block also gives the
correct value

Perhaps I return to what I primarily intended to ask: is it really the wanted behaviour of virtual() that changes that are made by the included file do not influence the environment of the including file?

I would say yes because virtual() create a sub-process, with it _own_ env.

Regards, Christoph