RE: GUID or any other unique IDs

Hello Ben,

> While not ideal, you could do a select on a db. MS SQL and MySQL both have
> functions to generate unique id's and I imagine the other databases do as
> well. While running a "SELECT uuid()" and hitting the database for each
> one of these things is annoying, it is one possible pseudo-solution.

Finally I have come to the same solution since the generated UUIDs/GUIDs are
intended to be saved into a DB after performing some actions.

I was also suggested to use a PECL extension for this but I have no idea how
to make it work under Win32 (since it uses *nix's libuuid).

Many thanks to all contributors!

Have a great day,

Denis S Gerasimov
Web Developer