Re: php Slow with Mac OS X 10.4

On Mon, October 24, 2005 3:21 pm, Nicolas Ross wrote:
> As stated before in this thread, in my case it's nothing about dns.

You've pointed to 2 potential problems so far.

1 is mysql_connect()

2 is include '';

Can you run a quick test to find out which one is WORSE, and focus on
that first?

If it's MySQL, just for fun, consider trying some of these thing:
1. mysql command line monitor.
2. Perl + MySQL (or anything not PHP, just to see)
3. mysql_pconnect

If it's "include" that is slow, check:
1. What is include_path? Does it contain non-existent directories?
2. Does include_path contain directories with a zillion things in them?

Also start running hardware component checks.

Maybe 10.4 (or whatever is the bad one) is triggering something that
never got utilized in 10.3, like maybe they just got dual CPU to
actually be used, or maybe their RAM management changed how it works,
or maybe disk drivers are now allocating hard drive chunks
"differently" or...  So bad hardware could be behind it all.

I got no idea what tools are out there these to test Mac RAM / HD etc,
but I presume they are out there...

Is Dr. Norton still in the house?  Man, I go back a long way with
Macs.  I rembmer when Dr. Norton was new and cool. :-)

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm