php Slow with Mac OS X 10.4

Hi all !

Here, we've got several Mac computer acting as servers to serve many kinds
of sites. One of wich was running, until the middle of august, Mac OS X
10.2. It was then with apache 1.3.x, and php 4.3.10 dso. All things were
"normal".

At the middle of august, we upgraded to Mac OS X 10.4 (re-install from
scratch). Now, it's with apache2, php 4.4.0 dso. Now, everthing that is php
is slow as hell. A page that took normally less than a second to render, now
takes up to 15 ! Yes, fifteen seconds. That depends of course on the general
load of the server, but it nevers goes down under 8 to 10 seconds.

The machine is a dual G4, with 1.5 gigs of ram.

Now, if I go to the command line, in the directory of this site and type
"php index.php", it renders in about 1 to 1.5 seconds, wich is acceptable.

I did tests with :

- apache 1, php 4, php 5, all static or dso
- apache 2, php 4, php 5, dso
- php 4.3, php 4.4
- Stock php that comes with Tiger
- Stock apache that comes with Tiger
- Different compile options with mysql as --with-mysql
and --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql
- I've also tried with and without zend optimizer, turck mmcache.

All with the same results.

In my test case, there is mysql involved, but it's irrelevent to the
problem, since the mysql is an another machine and is the same all trough my
tests.

Now, in a different server room, we have a set of 3 xserves cluster node
dual g5 with 4 gigs of ram each. One of them was upgraded to Mac OS X 10.4
(server) and the other 2 are still with 10.3.

If I take the same setup (same compile options, same versions) on these
machines, the exact same site is slow as hell on the 10.4, and lightning
fast on 10.3.

Here's my php configure command :

./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-mysql --with-fbsql
--with-xml --enable-ftp --with-curl=/sw --with-zlib --with-png-dir=/sw --with-jpeg-dir=/sw
--with-gd --with-ttf=/sw --with-freetype-dir=/sw --enable-track-vars --enable-trans-id
--disable-debug

This is really begins to bugs me...

Any hints ?