Pear File_Archive examples or _good_ documentation?

The authors site is unreachable so I cant check it for examples, but last I remember he didnt have very good examples to begin with. Does anyone, who's used this package have decent examples that showcase how to use it and use it well? In particular I'm looking for info on how to extract archives that meet the criteria below.

- one folder with multiple items (including other folders) in it
- multiple items(files or folders) at first level of the archive

Reading the inline docs for the Pear class is less than useful for me because there's no concrete examples I can work off of...unless I'm blind and am completely missing something.

Help anyone?

Thanks,
Tim