Re: Declaring vars as INT ?

Hello,

you could treat your variable as a string, and use the is_numeric() function (but this will include floats, too). To answer your question precisely and accurately, you may have to do regex matching since you are out of the bounds of int.

However, why, *exactly*, are you trying to confirm that your string is an integer? It seems to me kind of cumbersome and unnecessary. If you provide more explicit information on what you are trying to do, your overarching goal for the script, including what are your inputs and intended outputs, along with some real code, we can probably find a solution that will do what you want without mucking about like this. Just my two cents.

Jordan