Re: Re: No redirect with header() [solved]

On 10/20/05, Oliver Grätz <oliver.graetz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I mentioned that it could be possible that this in no PHP problem just
> as you did but I wanted to see the code to ensure myself before saying
> this out loud.
> The redirection not working on your end would mean that you browser
> doesn't comply with the HTTP protocol.
> You could try other ways of redirection (JavaScript document.location,
> Meta-Redirect-Header) to see if they work.
> This might help you in narrowing down the problem.
>
> And switching to Firefox if you haven't already done it wouldn't hurt ;-)
>
> OLLi

Thanks, I already am on firefox!

It turns out that because I was not recording 'hits' from my own IP, I
was throwing an error whenever I tried from home! The error for
whatever reason never got shown in the browser, but did get sent
before the Loctation header. I discovered this when I /**/'ed that
part of the code.

Thanks, all. Another lesson learned!

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/index.php