Re: How can I count the usage of mail function in scripts?

Cristea Adrian wrote:
Hello peoples!

short question: How can I count the usage of mail function in scripts?

question: what does this have to do with php?
(I gather you probably have lots of users mailing via php but
that doesn't mean that php should responsible for managing send quotas,
and if it was then whats to stop me using exec() to call a cmdline
mailer and bypass whatever security you have put in place?)

sounds to me like you need to look into the possibilities of
customizing you smtp server (and/or) creating some OS level
wrapper that is resonsible for quota checking.

long description :D

I have a webserver, and I want to limit the usage of mail function for
each host I have there.. Notice that i have a couple of hundrest of
virtual hosts (domains and subdomains) there, and i want to limit
them, let`s say.. 100 mails per day.. there is any solution to do
that? (i know there is, i saw that in a nwebhosting company) .. can
you guide me find this solution?

question is why you would want to set such limits - if you have abusive
domains - drop them?

thanks in advance!

cheers, cajbecu