Re: fckeditor and PDF and pesky users

On Mon, October 17, 2005 3:31 pm, Torgny Bjers wrote:
> I think you would be able to use an IFRAME, or even a FRAME, to load
> the
> PDF into like you would open it in any normal browser using the
> standard
> PDF plugin that's used when you click a PDF in your browser. That is,
> set the src of the iframe to the path of the PDF. Give it a try and
> let
> us know how it works out. IFRAMEs are smart sometimes, especially when
> building application interfaces.

I'm the kind of guy who considers CSS and JavaScript too unreliable
with older browsers to use...

I don't think I'm gonna be testing iFrames out any time soon.

Plus, I *KNOW* that some users (e.g., me) configure Acrobat to *NOT*
put a PDF in my browser, but open a separate application, because
that's invariably the way I want to view it, flipping back-and-forth
to the 'net to cross-ref with both windows open.

So, even if it sort of worked, for users who don't do that, or even if
I could force it to work, and not LET them open up in another window,
I don't think that's a Good Idea for keeping happy users, so that
ain't gonna happen either.

But that's just me.

Somebody else reading this thread might say "keen-o" and do it.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm