Re: Troubleshott GD & Freetype under Linux

On Sat, October 15, 2005 11:24 am, Feris Thia C. wrote:
> My PHP engine still cannot load JPEG library (GD) and Freetype
> fonts...
>
> I use ./config.nice to reconfigure PHP coz it works... and I have
> compile it
> with --jpeg-dir options. And seems not working at all.
>
> How can I troubleshoot and resolve these problems ?

When you run configure (or config.nice) it generates a BUNCH of text
output.

It also logs a BUNCH of stuff to a log file in that same directory.

Re-direct the output and/or look in that log file for WARNING or ERROR
messages from the configure.

configure considers some command-line options such as --jpeg-dir as
"non-fatal" and cheerfully continues on its merry way, giving you a
"valid" PHP compile with, errr, not quite what you asked for. :-^

I've long considered this a "bug" personally, though have never
persuaded anybody else to my way of thinking...

Most likely, the --jpeg-dir and/or the --with-gd are not quite right,
and you just need to adjust a directory name somewhere, or put in some
symlinks so "configure" finds the stuff it is looking for where it
expects to find it, instead of where you (or your RPMs) put it.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm