Re: How can I connect a remote server from phpmyadmin?

You need to edit the config.inc.php file in the phpmyadmin directory and set the appropriate server address/username/password information for your remote server. You might have to set a remote server up in cpanel for this to work however.

MI SOOK LEE wrote:
Hello,
I have PhpMyAdmin  2.6.3 , MySQL 4.1.13 running in my Windows 2000.
I installed them using Apache friends XAMPP, so I didn¡¯t do any configuration myself. Currently if I go to http://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin, then it automatically shows my local MySQL db and tables. Now I need to connect remote server(it has MySQL) and do some DB Admin of that server.
How can I connect to that server from phpmyadmin?
I¡¯ve been trying to find if there any kind of connect panel in phpmyadmin, but no fruit yet.

I really appreciate you guys help.