Re: onChange js running a php function

As someone else mentioned, this isn't really PHP. You could be using any server side language. It's really a javascript question.

But to answer your question, the functionality you are looking for has lately been being solved by using AJAX. Search the list archives for some links to some quick tutorials on how to implement Asynchronous JAvascript requests. The X in AJAX is XML, but you don't have to transfer the data using XML, you can use plain text.

On the server side, PHP can't tell that it is getting a request from a javascript function, so there's really nothing special to do in PHP.