RE: Obsession with BC

4 to 5 does break a lot of code. On the other hand I agree it's a cop
out. On the final hand, if you pass the pages off from apache to a php
exe or module.. How does Apache know which one to pass it to? Php4 or
Php5? If I have both php4 and php5 code in a page should i run both
sections or only the sections listed for php5(if it's on php5)? If I
only run one then I am maintaining two code branches in the same files.
Seems like a bad idea to me. I don't really see how that idea would work
well. And I do think it seems like a cop out that they can't provide
php5 somehow.

James Kilbride