Sequential multiple file download?

All,

Is there a way to do a sequential multiple file download?  I have the scenario
where based on various factors/inputs a user ends up with a list of files to
download from the web server.  This is an array of filenames from 1 to x total
number of files.  I want the user to be able to select/click one time in the
browser to start the download of the first file in the list, then have the
standard browser download/save to dialog kick box in for where to save the first
file to.  Once the first file has downloaded, I then want the second file in the
list to start downloading, kick in the std. dialog box again for the user to save
the second file, and so on until all files in the list have been sent/downloaded.

I know I could zip all the files together on the server first and then download
the one single file but for this application I need to do the sequential,
individual file download, one file at a time.

Iâ??m open to any solution whether it be PHP, PHP/Javascript, or any other
language.  Obviously all PHP would be the preferred choice as the rest of the
site application is PHP but the functionality required overrides everything else.

TIA,

Dave Merritt
dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx