Re: str_replace

Charles Stuart wrote:
A student run server on my old campus used to turn off PHP for security reasons - ridiculous.

Would it be possible to use XSS to call curl from a remote site? I'm just a beginner so that may or not make sense.

I'm not really a beginner but I don't know if that makes sense either :-S
I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

Indeed it does seem like JS is the solution - unfortunately - as it

workaround, not solution. a new host would be a solution,
one that means you don't have to waste time coding around completely
crazy setups.

seems like their 'trap' catches any string including CURL U before I

seems like a total bogus filter. exactly what makes 'CURL U' so evil when
passed to a php/cgi script anyway?

can str_replace the string after gathering the input with _POST. Anyone disagree?

well you could check out something like:

<?
$putdata = fopen( "php://input" , "rb" );
while(!feof( $putdata ))
echo fread($putdata, 4096 );
fclose($putdata);
?>