RE: Pocket PC(Mobile 2003 particularly)

<JM - Forwarding private reply to the group, and fixing top-posted message>

> > > I am looking for a build of apache(or any http server) with
> > PHP5 that
> > > works for Pocket PC's. Specifically Windows Mobile. Can
> > anybody point
> > > me in a good direction to head in my search? I'm working
> > here with the
> > > PHP list because quite frankly PHP is the critical part of
> > this in my
> > > mind.
> > > Thanks.
> > >

> > Hi James,
> >
> > When you say "works for Pocket PC's", do you mean you want to
> > host Apache/PHP on Pocket PC to act as a server or that you
> > want to develop webpages on a server running PHP/Apache that
> > can be accessed by Pocket PC clients?  If the former, I
> > dunno, and why would you want to? If the latter, any version
> > of Apache/PHP will work.
> >
> The first. As to why? I have web applications that currently
> run on the
> server, or will, that I want to be available through the Pocket PC's.
> These Pocket PC's will not have network connectivity at the time of
> access but will have the necessary database fragments to allow the
> applications to run. I want to run the same code on both the
> Pocket PC's
> and the Webserver, in terms of the PHP. As such I need an Apache/PHP
> server that runs on the Pocket PC's to display and run the
> pages on the
> Pocket PC's.
>
> Answer your question?
>
> James Kilbride

Hi James,

Perfectly.  After a _brief_ search, I could only find one web server for a
mobile platform, in this case WindowsCE.  http://www.cam.com/vxweb.html.  It
does have CGI support, though I'm not sure if it will help you.

The real question for this group is whether there is a PHP binary for
PocketPC, of if anyone has looked into porting the code.  I found a few hits
from 2002 where it was apparently discussed, but nothing definitive.

JM