Re: Linux/PHP and Windows/MSSQL

Hi Rick,

FreeTDS is still a fast moving target and so is PHP in some areas. Getting
pre-compiled RPM's would often force you to run older versions. Compiling
from source enables you to keep up to date with the latest features and
bug-fixes. If you are running this on multiple computers it's not a big
task to copy all files from one test/development box to a number of other
systems, as long as the configurations are the same.

- Frank