RE: creating a shopping cart.

Jay Blanchard <mailto:jay.blanchard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    on Monday, October 03, 2005 5:30 AM said:

> A basic flowchart could have helped you to answer your question and
> broken down the processes into their componenet parts. Heck, you
> don't even need fancy flowcharting software...just write down the
> steps.

Believe it or not (you who have not actually used a flowchart for
planning your code) you really *will* find flaws before you waste time
coding.

Another thing I've found is that it's not important to get hung up on
what-shapes-do-what* in your flowchart. Just start making the chart and
revising it as necessary, putting as much detail as you can.

Chris.

* Except for diamonds being logic gates (e.g. is the value hot or cold?
yes/no), hotdogs being beginning and ending markers of a
process/function/page, and squares being a process itself (e.g. "add 5
to the variable"). Having those in mind will help you keep things
organized. You can later branch out into all the other shapes.