RE: creating a shopping cart.

[snip]
What's the best approach to create a shopping cart.?
[/snip]

I see that you have received some answers already but I wanted to point out
something very obvious....learn how to plan a software application. I know
that I am old school, but I see far too many developers today winging it. A
lot of the reason is that many languages now lend themselves to being
self-taught, and while learning the language is great it is not the only
thing a programmer needs to know about developing software.

A basic flowchart could have helped you to answer your question and broken
down the processes into their componenet parts. Heck, you don't even need
fancy flowcharting software...just write down the steps.