Re: PHP 5 Hosting

On 9/30/05, Tom Chubb <tomchubb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is an interesting one.
> As someone learning PHP, I am still confused which route I should be going
> down?
> Especially as I am looking to take on a dedicated server soon, I don't
> know if PHP5 will become standard soon or are we going to see PHP6
> first??!?

 It is a really serious problem, PHP 5 have so much good things specially in
terms of XML that I just want to use them in my programmes but whenever I
decide to do programming in PHP 5, I stuck on the choice of a good server.
Most of the Hosting service providers are still providing hosting in PHP 4.
 I think PHP is going through a very tough phase. It has got the
capabilities but we can not use them, thats why we can SAY that PHP is good
programming language But we can not PROVE that in practically.
 Well the original posting was about hosting service provider, somewhere I
read about HOSTWAY. they are in PHP 5 hosting.
  Zareef Aahmed

Please can some more experienced people let me have their views on this?