Re: Problems with new PHP install

[snip]
Then I modify the httpd.conf file as instructed at the above
page by adding the LoadModule and AddType and then create a
'hello world' php script to make sure php is working.
[/snip]
Did you restart the Apache server after making the changes to httpd.conf ? I
know it is basic, I just have to ask.

Fair enough. :)
Yes, I did. Step 8 (on the included link) of the PHP installation has you start Apache and then stop it again. It was during this step that I tested to make
sure Apache was working by just going to http://localhost.  Then step 16 has
you start Apache again. The only slightly different thing I did that wasn't part
of the installation was my configure of php.  It looked like this:

./configure \
--enable-force-cgi-redirect \
--without-pear \
--enable-magic-quotes \
--enable-bcmath \
--enable-calendar \
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \
--enable-ftp \
--enable-mailparse \
--with-mcrypt \
--enable-trans-sid \
--disable-short-tags \
--with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib \
--enable-wddx \
--with-xml \
--with-dom=/usr \
--with-xslt-sablot \
--with-expat-dir=/usr \
--with-dom-xslt=/usr \
--with-sablot-js=/usr \
--enable-xslt \
--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs

And that configured with no error (at least, as far as I could tell). My test
script looks like this:

<script language="php">
 echo "PHP Works!!";
</script>
<? echo "PHP Works??";

And that is exactly what is getting output by the browser. The <br> isn't even
getting interpreted as a break...?

thnx,
Chris