cache xml objects in php5

Hi All,

My php5 web application needs to parse/marshall a bunch of large xml files into
php5 objects at the beginning of handling each request.  These xml files are
static across all the requests and it is really time consuming to
parse/marshall them into php5 objects.

I am wondering if there is any means to cache these xml objects so that each
request will not go through the same time consuming xml parsing/building
operation.  Serialization doesn't work in my case as deserialization is also
very expensive.

I am using Apache as the web server.  What I am thinking is that if php5 allows
us to keep certain objects (and their references) around across all the
requests in a child process instead of cleaning all the object memory every
time after a script/request is finished.

I guess this problem is quite common for any large and complicated php
applications.

Thanks.

-- Kevin