Re: It's A Windows World

I've used PHP on Windows systems quite a bit and have had very little problem.  But then again, many times it's been for small projects that didn't have a chance to develop any nasty 'gotchas'.

First thing that comes to mind to investigate further, though, is Zend's WinEnabler product.  Even if you don't purchase it, Zend obviously thought there was enough 'gotcha' potential in PHP to warrent creating a product to help fix it (just not for free):
http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-win-enabler.php

Another thing that may or may not be useful, but since it's Windows specific (and because I think Rubem has done a FANTASTIC job with it and it deserves promotion and support) is Winbinder (http://www.winbinder.com/).  It allows you to use standard Windows API and GUI functions with PHP. So if you ever had to write a local app and didn't feel like using C++ or VB or whatever, and you (obviously) already have solid PHP knowledge, this can be a real godsend.

Best of luck at the new company, Jay!

-TG