Re: Better timestamp explanation to the client

methinks you should convert the datetime to a unix timestamp with strtotime(). then you can compare the difference between this timestamp and a unix timestamp of "now" to find if you have logged in within a min. of the previous time. Then, once you know what text to display (e.g. "Less than a minute ago!"), you can format the original datetime timestamp with the date() function to be however you like. You may have to read the manuals for all three of these functions several times. good luck!

actually, you may be able to do simple operators (e.g. <, >, or -) with the datetime as is, without having to convert to a unix timestamp. "NOW" in datetime format can be gotten with:
$now = date('Y-m-d H:i:s');

i'm not sure though. just try it!

Jordan