Re: session cookies

Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
That's a bit misleading. The HTTP response headers are sent a soon
as you output something from your script (calling header() or
setcookie() doesn't count as output, so you can set all the headers
and cookies you want).

They're sent to Apache, but that doesn't mean anything is necessarily sent to the client, right? I guess I should have pointed out that this depends on a few things, such as whether the response is sent with:

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

or

Common sense tells me that Apache can't provide a reliable Content-Length header until my script completes. :-)

 And the browsers tend to redirect right away once they get this
header.

I would find that very surprising. Maybe I'll experiment. If I understand you correctly, you're suggesting that a browser will request the new URL before receiving the previous response in its entirety. Even assuming a chunked transfer encoding, that seems weird.

Chris

--
Chris Shiflett
Brain Bulb, The PHP Consultancy