Re: php as standalone?

What I've done with it hasn't included any compiling or code obscuring, but there are a number of PHP code protection schemes that may work with this.  I havn't kept up on recent developments, but I've seen the question ask a number of times if you can compile or at least wrap a Winbinder/PHP project together to appear more like an application so someone may have something.

I know Rubem's made a lot of effort to make Winbinder as compact as possible.  Relying on SQLite as well as an alternative DB abstraction layer and a recompiled scaled down version of PHP that strips out all the web based features that are irrelevant to programming for a Windows app.

If this catches anyone's eye, I'd definitely recommend digging through the forums, getting on the forum mailing/notification list, etc.

And if anyone wants to contribute, Rubem's looking for some good C people as well as people good with documentation, code samples, etc to add to the project (fuel the fires so to speak :).   He's done an incredible job so far but it's tough to maintain something this big with the small team of volunteers he's cobbled together.

For me, a native Windows API extension was like a holy grail after playing with GTK and..err..  some other GUI for PHP that I forget.   The project seemed so obvious yet it hadn't really been done to the degree that Winbinder has achieved.

And of course there's the potential (not sure if Rubem has explored this yet) of making Winbinder more of a universal  Windows API interface that could be used with PERL, Python, etc like some other projects have done.

So much potential.

Anyway, my thoughts and opinions, blah blah.

-TG